Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Need help with my yard.

Hello my name is Misael. I am in the process of planning out the correct way to redo my lawn, both front and back. I need to till both yards and install some kind of water sprinkler system or drip irrigation system, whichever is best. I also want to plant grass seed. The lawn has little grass now, mostly weed variations. I know that I need to use a weed-killer like Roundup to then properly till the lawn. Most of the lawn will be grass with a couple of flower beds. Which grass seed is best and how should I plan this process out?

FYI- I live in South Texas if this is any help.

Last edited by montexm05; 03-15-2010 at 06:49 PM.
montexm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #2

Need help with my yard.

If the soil is anything like it is in Dallas you will need 3x as much time to till as you think you do. I've taken out sidewalks that were softer and easier to work with than that crap. I know nothing else about how to help though =(

cellophane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cellophane For This Useful Post:
montexm05 (03-16-2010)
Old 03-16-2010, 02:20 PM   #3

Need help with my yard.

Thanks. What grass seed is best for this area? Bermuda seed or like a Tall Fescue mix?
montexm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:39 PM   #4

Need help with my yard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montexm05 View Post
Thanks. What grass seed is best for this area? Bermuda seed or like a Tall Fescue mix?
I'm not familiar with South Texas landscaping - but from a personal preference I hate Bermuda grass. However given the highly variable temperature and water conditions that are South Texas it is pretty indestructable. Your best bet is to head to a local nursery (not a big box store) and talk to someone there.
cellophane is offline   Reply With Quote