Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-26-2011, 06:21 AM   #1

Share |
Question

natural stone wall

I want to put natural stone on the outside of my basement wall.It was covered with vinyl siding before and has styrofoam sm on it .Can I nail my tar paper,then wire mesh(lath)over the styrofoam and put my scratch coat directly on it or do I have to remove the styrofoam ?

revid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #2

natural stone wall

I would remove the styrofoam as you'd want a fairly firm base to attach wire mesh, and then scratch coat, to.

Piper1 is offline   Reply With Quote