Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #1

Share |

Is my lawn diseased? Please help......

Hello there. I am somewhat new to lawn care. I am putting a lot of effort into this but there are a lot of things that I still do not know

I have a self propelled, 22 inch craftsman 700 series lawn mower. It has 7 foot pounds of torque. It is approximately 1 years old.

Below is a picture of my front lawn. This basically shows you all three aspects of what is going on.

1 - at the bottom left of the photo, you will see a section that has a problem. In the morning when it is wet it looks very brown and yellow. As the day goes on and things heat up, it just looks light yellow.

2 - at the bottom right of the photo, you will see what most of my yard looks like. It is fairly decent. Not great, but at least decent.

3 - at the top left of the photo, you will see a big patch of new sod that I just put down. It is a bright, beautiful emerald green color. Nearly perfect! I wish that all of my yard could look like this!!

Soooo..... any thoughts or suggestions? What can I do to make my lawn more healthy?

Thanks!!

TC

True Colors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #2

Here is a close up picture of the problem area

TC

True Colors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #3

that stuff is crab grass and its going to spread all over your new lawn. It's hard to get rid of, search around are you will find a lot of info on it.
amdspitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #4
Landscape Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdspitfire View Post
that stuff is crab grass and its going to spread all over your new lawn. It's hard to get rid of, search around are you will find a lot of info on it.
Correct, Looks like it is crabgrass. I would recommend using a selective herbicide 3-4 time a month. Aerating & overseeding will help significantly.

What has the weather been like and what is your watering schedule?

Ethan
Landscapingiseasy.com
Ethan541 is offline   Reply With Quote