Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-09-2006, 09:23 AM   #1

Share |

Mulch

Some time ago there was a discussion about mulch and some comments about using recycled rubber tires ground into mulch. I am curious about how this is working out. Tires have a lot of oil in them and I wonder how that may affect a garden. Is the oil “cooked out” of them or is there any effect from it. This sounds like a great way to get rid of tires if it has no effect on the environment. Does the rubber mulch come in various colors?
dwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:51 AM   #2

Mulch

I neighbor installed recycled tires in place of natural mulch. She picked black, however, pine needles and other debris is much more apparent than if it were the brown color. Also, my opinion is stick with the natural mulch - it is much cheaper and will decompose. What happens to the artifical mulch once it becomes faded? A lot of work in my opinion.....
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:23 PM   #3

Mulch

I have seen wood mulch catch on fire from a cigareete, I would hate to see tire mulch next to my home on fire.
oddjob is offline   Reply With Quote