Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-01-2007, 09:44 AM   #1

Share |

Moss

Ar ethere any ways to get rid of moss growing in your yard? I noticed thatt here is some moss in my front yard and it appears that it may be overtaking my grass. It is on the north side of my property and most of it is in the area that is generally shadowed from the house.

Thanks in advance for any ideas..

Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:40 AM   #2

Moss

I can't offer any proven suggestions to get rid of the moss by way of treatment, but I too have moss on a shady part of my lawn. First, the moss is probably growing due to moisture in that area. Make sure the grade is sloping away from your house so that water and moisture does not "sit" in this spot. I have actually thought about taking the moss out by scraping it off and then just reseeding with grass seed. Not sure if this would work. You might also consider putting down saw dust or something to dry out the grass.

cibula11 is offline   Reply With Quote