Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-26-2010, 01:05 PM   #1

Share |

Mortor Color

I am not sure if this is even fixable, but it doesn't hurt to ask I guess. Last summer (09) my husband decide to cover the bottom third of the front of our house with field stone. It was very hard to pick out the right color motor but we really had no idea until we had already applied it that it had a pinkish cast to it. To make matter worse, my husband, used a wet brush to smooth out the mortor which got all over the stone and now all the stone in this section has a pink cast to it. I can live with the mortor being a pinkish color but am heart-broken that the stone has lost its original color. Is there any product we can use to restore the stone to its original color?

Thanks.
Cindy Field is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #2

Mortor Color

What you can do, is to do a lite meriatic acid wash. Typically you will use a 1 to 10 or 2 to 10 dilution. This will help aid in the removal of the mortar off the stone. Always make sure you do it in a test spot area first, before applying to the whole wall. You most likely will have to use a stiff bristle brush along with protective gloves and goggles. Hope this gives you some guidance.

Kurt

Last edited by Kurtzilla; 07-26-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Kurtzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kurtzilla For This Useful Post:
Cindy Field (07-26-2010)