Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-06-2006, 11:20 AM   #1

Share |
Unhappy

Major groundwater problem please help!!!

I live in south Florida and if you know the area you know that ground water differs from 4' to 4" below finished lawn elevation. The water table in my back yard is perched to just below sod. I priced installing a corrigated plastic pipe system that would pull the ground water out of the soil through pipes and tie into the storm drainage system. It works very similar to a basement sump pump system but uses gravity and hydraulics to move the water. The cost for the materials alone was over 5 K.

My question is does anyone out there know of any plants that require massive amounts of water? I know that maliluka trees fit this criteria but these trees are drying up the everglades and they are also illegal to plant in the sunshine state. Is there something else that I can plant that would pull some of the water out of my yard. Thank you for your help.

rainer321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:25 PM   #2

Major groundwater problem please help!!!

I'm from new england, and we use weeping willows. not sure how they would grow where you are, but there may be other types of willows that will work.

Basic_Homeowner is offline   Reply With Quote