Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #1

Share |

Low Voltage Lighting

Last year, I converted my low voltage lighting over to LED. I now have a 400W transformer with ten 2.5W lights on the run. Since I have the electrical capacity, my wife would now like to have LED string lights (like Christmas lights) tied into this line to wrap around a couple of our Queen Ann palms.

Are there any low voltage LED string lights available for purchase yet? I saw a DIY for converting standard Christmas LED lights over to low voltage, but I'd like to just buy them if they're available.

Cultcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Low Voltage Lighting

A quick search found lots of low voltage lights LED string lights in color but I was not finding any in clear.

Firefly lights---that act like real fireflies---are fun and used by theme parks. There must be a way to turn the flicker off?

Firefly lighting is a term a lighting store or lighting designer will be familiar with and there are lots of options but glancing quickly I saw none low voltage. Shouldn't be a big deal to convert LEDs to a lower voltage (he said with no proof of this!)

Anyhow, in addition to searching for string lights explore firefly lighting. If I get more time I will do the same as this is interesting to me. Please post back if you find something.

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Low Voltage Lighting

Found these for 20 pounds. 100 lights with a function controller, indoor/outdoor for 24V. Obviously you would have to factor currency exchange, shipping and customs. They must sell something similar here? My new search string was Low Voltage LED TWINKLE lights if you want to explore further. You might try Low Voltage LED CHRISTMAS lights too.

http://www.twinkle-lights.com/ice-wh...as-lights.html

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #4

Low Voltage Lighting

Maybe you are looking this amber led string?
http://detail.china.alibaba.com/buye...521688588.html
Brass blacksmit is offline   Reply With Quote