It's spring time and that means everyone is into beautification of the outdoors! I have a flower bed in front of my house which is a HUGE eye sore. I'm ready to do something about it, but I guess I'm not sure what that something is.
I'm looking for some feedback or creative ideas on what I can do. Here's what I'm looking to do:
1. I really love stone. I would like to create some kind of low stone retaining wall, & fill in behind with plants. Bricks are OK too, and as you'll see below, my house is brick.
2. I don't have a huge budget (hence the DIY) but I'd be willing to spend a couple hundred for good looking stones.
3. I don't like mulch.. but I guess some things are unavoidable. It'd be nice to not have it. I definitely don't straight mulch to grass.. need to have some barrier.
4. Plants - no opinion here.. just something low maintenance that won't get huge. Please suggest types of plants. The area gets afternoon sun, and this is in Pittsburgh - so decent amount of rain.
5. Pictures - here's what we're dealing with:
Thanks in advance for any feedback or suggestions! I look forward to reading them.