Let's Talk Lawn Care - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-14-2010, 10:56 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Let's talk lawn care

So just bought a house and one of the things I am unhappy with is the front lawn. The back is a beautiful zoisia that if watered frequently keeps nice and green, requires little mowing, and keeps weeds at bay. Well in my front yard it is mostly clover. The clover has over grown the lawn and has choked it out. So I am planning to nuke the yard with RoundUp or something of the sort, then start over.

The front yard is shaded most of the day from 2 very large healthy oak tree's.

So how would some of your more knowledgeable go about it? Should I nuke in the fall, then fertilize in the fall as well with some turf builder then spread a shaded mix grass seed in the spring, cover with hay and water frequently?

Here is the seed I was looking at, but an open to any suggestions. http://www.scotts.com/smg/catalog/pr...0&tabs=general

This is in Missouri, St. Louis area.

Advertisement

DAdams982 is offline   Reply With Quote