Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Leaning Retaining Wall and Cracked Driveway

im looking for some advice of what i should do with this retaining wall. The images doesn't really show how much it's leaning. I plan on putting in a fence and having the drive repaved but need to fix this first. Some of the broken bricks are from construction work. Should this all be ripped out or braced from the back side? If ripping it out what types of options do I have for replacing it? When the fence goes in I wont see it but the neighbors will, though I dont think they care much about the way it looks now so not sure how important that is. the wall goes all the way to the telephone pole.

smithchar526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Leaning Retaining Wall and Cracked Driveway

I don't think you will have many good options if you want to replace the wall. It is highly unlikely any amount of force from behind it is going to push it back out. The drive way over time has pushed outwards.

In order to replace it, you would need to tear it out, dig a trench down and then build back up with a new wall. The wall doesn't look that high, could you tear it out and re-grade the dirt behind it?

ryankelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ryankelsey For This Useful Post:
PaliBob (04-08-2012)