Lawn Treatment-Fertilizer, Etc. - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-13-2010, 11:09 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Lawn Treatment-Fertilizer, etc.

Two part question:

1. I am curious about peoples opinions on Scott's products. I have always favored them mostly because I feel like they are the premiere company in lawn care products. I am wondering if they really do make quality products or if it is more about them out marketing everyone else.

2. I would like to rid my lawn of weeds-dandelions, crab grass and quite a bit of what looks like clovers. I have applied Weed-B-Gone and it did wonders for the dandelions. I still have the other weeds. Should I continue Weed-B-Gone treatments or do I need to use something else?

Advertisement

Willie5566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:22 PM   #2
Don't know it all, yet!

Rewards Points: 500

Clovers can be hard to get rid of. I think WBG is only for broadleaf weeds. If so, it will not get rid of the crabgrass. I don't use it very often so I couldn't say without looking at the label. Nothing against it, I just use a different program. Wild violets can be very hard to get rid of. You need to identify your weeds first, then go from there.

IMO, one product is as good as the next. I look for the chemical specs on whatever product, the price and go from there.

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2010, 10:03 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 150

Try the weed-b-gon MAX. It took care of my clover RIGHT NOW. good stuff.

ETA: There's also a new version of WBG Max that will allegedly kill crabgrass.

Also, I use Scott's products and find them to work as advertised. Their combination of fertilizer plus weed-controller plus water-smart seems to be a decent value when compared to separate fertilizer + weed control.

Last edited by moondawg; 06-14-2010 at 09:19 AM.
moondawg is offline   Reply With Quote