Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Lawn help. Starting fresh or repair?

i moved into my house in november last year , the grass was not taken care of for quite sometime. Its green but weeds and crabgrass have mostly taken over. I just planted trees and shrubs in the back and front, so id like to start fixing up the lawn. My question is... Should i kill and rake everything up and reseed? Or can i try to bring the lawn back to life? I rather not go the reseeding from scratch route. Is it possible to revive it? And whEre do i begin? Thanks.

Ckb3216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 0

Lawn help. Starting fresh or repair?

First where are you? You should update your profile but I ask because you may not have time to deal with this, this year if you are in a frost and then winter climate. Perennial rye will germinate in 7-10 days under ideal conditions but bluegrass and fescue can take 21 or more.

You might search for prior posts as this topic comes up often. If you let me know where you are I will try to help you though.

Basically you need to determine whether the lawn is rescuable based on what you have. Ordinarily I would instruct you to aerate and feed it but again it is late for that just about anywhere.

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote