Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-17-2013, 01:08 AM   #1

Share |

lawn drainage

Does my lawn have poor drainage? I have a one yr old townhome with many worms and earwigs getting into my home. I requested the contractor to fixed the seals on front and back doors that have already shifted but very small worms still get in and after rain, worms pile up outside my patio door (No other patios get worms and no one else has earwigs). There is a long crack across a room inside the home and outside one on the sidewalk already. It appears other lawns slope toward my home from 3 directions, although there is level lawn 4-5 feet all around my foundation there are depressions outside this. Can this affect my foundation in the future and is there likelihood there will be mold and fungi growing around my home?( I have major mold allergies)

fru$trated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:39 AM   #2
registered

lawn drainage

Earwigs are nocturnal. For a good kill you have to spray at night around 9pm Around house and yard.

Yes water should slope away. You have some cause for concern

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #3

lawn drainage

In this case level is not good enough. The land needs to slope away from your house so water does not accumulate against your foundation.

If the ground remains squishy after a rain storm long after neighbors' lawns drain out then you need to fix things.

Regrade the land if applicable.

Last edited by AllanJ; 01-17-2013 at 02:07 PM.
AllanJ is offline   Reply With Quote