Lawn Care Services Florida Area - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-13-2014, 08:21 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Lawn care services Florida area

Hey guys. I know this defeats the whole purpose of DIY but, now that my parents are getting older, they are having a tougher time keeping up with the maintenance of their yard, specifically their lawn. I was planning on hiring a company that specializes in this but I was hoping to find some help. I really have no idea on what companies are in the area and how to research whose worth hiring. I don't need mowing services or anything like that, just strictly fertilization services to keep the grass/soil healthy. I was hoping someone on here can help point me in the right direction. I'm in the central FL area (Volusia county to be exact).

My plans are this. Right now they have a mix of bahia grass and weeds with a lot of bare spots. I'd like to have new grass put in (thinking of some type of Zoysia) hopefully by the same company that will do the maintenance and after everything grows and becomes stable, I'd like to take over the maintenance myself and see how that goes.

I would appreciate any info. Thanks

Advertisement

Confused1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:49 AM   #2
JOATMON

Rewards Points: 2,628

Talk to their neighbors. Find out who is using a lawn service.

Maybe you will find a neighborhood kid who is looking for some weekend cash. Care to guess what I was doing when I was 14-16?

Advertisement

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:56 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 780

Do your parents have irrigation? If not, it's nearly impossible to have a lush green lawn. As another poster said, talk to the neighbors. There are two kinds of Bahia. I have Pensacola.

If you're near hwy 1792, Debary nursery is the best place around. They could also recommend a lawn service.
Startingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:24 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 75

Google

In my opinion the ones who run Google Ads are trying to do things right, check one out. I feel like they are trying to take pride in their biz and will do good work.
mbender2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:38 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 776

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbender2004 View Post
Google

In my opinion the ones who run Google Ads are trying to do things right, check one out. I feel like they are trying to take pride in their biz and will do good work.
Word-of-mouth from neighbors is much better than Google ads for a reference of a reputable company. Anybody can place a Google ad for very little money, they don't have to know anything about lawns or landscaping to place any of there. Another place to go for good references is a reputable local Lawn and Garden Shop.
Msradell is offline   Reply With Quote