Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-09-2011, 10:15 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Landscaping tips

I need some Landscaping improvement tips on this house. Should I remove all hedges or just trim them up..
Attached Thumbnails
Landscaping tips-photo_1.jpg   Landscaping tips-photo_2.jpg   Landscaping tips-photo_3.jpg  

Last edited by 205HVAC; 05-09-2011 at 10:21 PM.
205HVAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:31 PM   #2
Learning by Doing

Rewards Points: 2,000

Landscaping tips

What are they? Whatever they are, they'll need some maintenance.

Do you like them?

Old 05-09-2011, 10:56 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Landscaping tips

I don't know exactly what type plants they are. The ones on the left are ok, but the ones near the steps must go.. Any tips would be appreciated. thanks.

Last edited by 205HVAC; 05-09-2011 at 10:58 PM.
205HVAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 75

Landscaping tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by 205HVAC View Post
I don't know exactly what type plants they are. The ones on the left are ok, but the ones near the steps must go.. Any tips would be appreciated. thanks.
I just has 12 bushes removed front and back and a tree. I just kept the two alberto Spruces and Japanese weeping maple tree in the front. Put a flower bed down the side of the house and put fresh red cedar mulch down. My recommendation would be to take them all out, put mulch down and start over.
Breakthecycle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:25 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,024

Landscaping tips

Just another opinion, but I would want to remove some of them, in order to give the remaining ones space to grow, as well as the add some variety, maybe by planting some hostas or other durable, relatively low maintenance plants in the voids. I believe that I would also remove the tall one on the right, farthest from the house, as it appears to tighten or shrink the front entrance, as well as hides the lower bushes behind it. Or, yes, you could simply trim them, but I think that they have reached a level of maturity at which I would want to start by thinning them. Even with one or two removed, you should start to develop a different perspective, as more brick is exposed, and start to decide whether you want to see all of the brick, half of it, or whatever. Again, just an opinion.
DexterII is offline   Reply With Quote