Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-05-2011, 09:55 PM   #1

Share |

Landscaping Lights tied into pool sub-panel?

I have a good sized pergola next to my pool and want to add some low voltage lighting to it. My sub in the garage has a 30 amp breaker for the pool, the pool has two 30 amp breakers tied together for the filter pump and boost pump. and there's one 15 amp breaker for the 600W pool light, 3 low voltage 20W lights for the water feature on the pool, and two outlets on the pergola that are rarely ever used. There's several open slots for more breakers and one open slot for a switch on that same sub-panel that's outside by the pergola and pool pump.

My question is can I add another 15 amp breaker and switch for between 4 to 8 low voltage lights inside this pergola? And I know I ultimately have to ask my city, but will I need a permit to add these?
Dwillems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #2

YOu should be ok; why not repost your question in the electrical forum? You'll need a permit usually (depending where you live) and have to be concerned about outlet location from edge of pool or water features (minimum distances needed).
bob22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob22
YOu should be ok; why not repost your question in the electrical forum? You'll need a permit usually (depending where you live) and have to be concerned about outlet location from edge of pool or water features (minimum distances needed).
Yea I just realized my post goof up as I went to bed lol. Thanks for your reply
Dwillems is offline   Reply With Quote