Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #1

Share |
Question

Is a Landscape Rake the answer?

Live on a 3+ acre rugged, wooded lot. After every wind or snowstorm I spend multiple weekends walking around the yard, picking up hundreds of fallen twigs, sticks and branches. Didn't mind so much when I was younger, but now it's doing a number on my back. Tried to hire some local lawn services, but the cumulative cost is ever increasing and I'd rather invest the $$$ in a DIY solution. I thought maybe I could purchase a Utility Vehicle with a Landscape (Yard) Rake attachment. Looked online, but not sure if this is a good option. Anyone have experience with this type of equipment? Thanks for your help.

- P

PAJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Is a Landscape Rake the answer?

Seems like a rake would work nicely for you although branches can be so irregularly shaped I am not sure. And you still have to deal with what you rake. How about a little chipper? You could blow the pieces into a little hopper and use for mulch or compost.

I think before you buy anything you should swing by the maintenance shed of your local park district or a golf course to see what the folks use. They deal with this on a regular and more urgent basis than you and I am sure would be more than willing to offer some suggestions.

Last edited by user1007; 11-14-2012 at 10:37 AM.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote