Ideas For A Sloping Backyard And Highway Sound Barrier Wall - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Ideas for a sloping backyard and highway sound barrier wall

I just purchased my first home in a great area. The inside has been completely renovated. My only issue is the yard. I want to turn this into a cozy outdoor living area but I am totally lost on ideas. I would greatly appreciate any tips or suggestions anyone may have.
Attached Thumbnails
Ideas for a sloping backyard and highway sound barrier wall-dscf1044.jpg   Ideas for a sloping backyard and highway sound barrier wall-dscf1046.jpg   Ideas for a sloping backyard and highway sound barrier wall-dscf1012.jpg  

Advertisement

lswashington74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,048

What are your own ideas and goals and objectives so far that we could point out advantages and disadvantages of?

Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 07:43 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Ideally I'd like to have a patio area with a firepit and seating on the lower level outside of the entrance to the basement. I also have 3 large trees so there is a lot of shade at the top of the slope which is about a 12x12 area of even ground. I'd love to somehow connect the two areas if that can be done.
lswashington74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:07 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,166

I'd put in a patio with a firepit with seating on the lower level outside the entrance to the basement.

In other words it's your property so do what you like within the confines of state and local statutes.
hammerlane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 75

I'd love to see different style and color of climbing vine on each section of highway barrier.

Things like:
Pink bouganvillea,

White climbing hydrangea,

Wisteria, there are many in many different colors.

I would mount some trellis as well to help them climb more easily, and to tie on.

Alot of the vines will do well in the shade as well, and it looks like you've got plenty of that.

I like Fast-Growing-Trees.com, almost everything is a rapid growth plant, and you can grow alot in a short time(Think 2-3 years instead of 5-15). I've got one of their "Royal Empress" trees, no joke it has grown 8 feet in 5 months. They also ship really quickly.

A fire pit is also always a good choice for getting people together even in cool weather.

Good Luck!
lswashington74 (07-03-2012)

Tags
sloping , yard slope;