Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-19-2010, 07:40 PM   #1

Share |

Hunter MP rotator sprinkler nozzles

Does any body have exspeariance with Hunter Mp rotor sprinkler nozzles? What did you like? What did you dis-like? How much longer did you have to run each sprinkler zone in order to get the same amount of water onto the grass, as compared to conventional spray heads?

MeatHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
I do know some things

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatHead View Post
Does any body have exspeariance with Hunter Mp rotor sprinkler nozzles? What did you like? What did you dis-like? How much longer did you have to run each sprinkler zone in order to get the same amount of water onto the grass, as compared to conventional spray heads?
I haven't used them, they were just starting to come to the market right before I left the irrigation world. If memory serves the original sales pitch was that the nozzles were matched closer to rotor nozzles so that they could be used on the same zone as a rotor.

In typical situations fixed sprays apply water to a smaller area at a faster rate thus making the combination of rotors / sprays on the same zone difficult to manage.

From looking at the nozzle performance chart a fixed spray puts down about 1.6 inches of water per hour vs the mp at around .4 inches per hour. You can do the math and determine how much longer it will take.

I haven't been involved with irrigation in 4 years, the technology may have changed so take my info for what its worth.

swade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #3

Just FYI - my buddy across the street just had a system put in using the Hunter rotors and as yet I have heard no complaint. He has seven zones and we just finished laying 33 pallets of sod two weeks ago. Of course, whether the Hunters hold up and are consistant is the question. - Too soon to tell really - tho he usually researches fairly thoroughly.