Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

huge slope - need ground cover

I was looking for some suggestions on possible ground cover for a huge slope I have in my yard. /zone6/invasive/

The slope drops off on the east side of my lawn about 70 degrees and into a ditch. Each year weeds are ramped on the slope and I can't even manage to climb the majority of the hill to weed-eat it. It's simply to steep! I have been doing some research on groundcover and finally decided to post in hopes of finding someone with a similar experience.

I live in zone 6 and the area would be 1/2 shade - 1/2 sun! I would like something that is extremely invasive and hearty! I know I will need to maintain weeds in this area occasionally but again I don't enjoy the thought of climbing this hill and falling into a ditch.

mburgess44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
Master General ReEngineer

Rewards Points: 2,108

Ayuh,... White Clover,... It's hardy, with strong roots, 'n only grows about knee high...

Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:12 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

I have ivy in my front ditch, but I occasionally have to pull saplings out of it. I am going to plant some creeping type juniper this fall on a hill I am creating. Some of the creeping junipers spread up to 6' and only get 6" tall. You can also spread weed mat and cover with rip-rap.
sippinjoes is offline   Reply With Quote