Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-02-2009, 06:28 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Huge Bug Infestation

I have enclosed a few pics of the hundreds of thousands what appear to be spider mites? that have infested our garden and are ravaging every bush,maple tree,etc that we have...of course with the pesticide ban now in effect we are limited to some products that we bought(Eco-Sense) to try and kill them...is there any other method of getting rid and destroying them that is more cost $$$$ efficient our backyard is 80 feet by 10 feet deep covered in these buggers....thanks for any help
Attached Thumbnails
Huge Bug Infestation-picture-003.jpg   Huge Bug Infestation-picture-002.jpg   Huge Bug Infestation-picture-004.jpg  

zoolou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
the Musigician

Huge Bug Infestation

try some Ivory Soap laundry detergent dissolved in water and sprayed on with a misting bottle. on larger area, perhaps a hose shampooing attachment and the same Ivory soap?

DM

Old 06-02-2009, 06:50 PM   #3
the Musigician

Huge Bug Infestation

however, after we looked a bit closer, those look like aphids. Ladybugs love 'em.... you may be able to get some at a nursery?

DM
Old 06-03-2009, 12:39 AM   #4
Kap
Mowing my life away.

Huge Bug Infestation

Neem is all natural, and effective on many, many pests. Google it.
Kap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #5
Learning by Doing

Huge Bug Infestation

Drive to the next state. Buy pesticide. Drive home, wait til the cover of darkness, spray pesticide.

Good luck getting rid of these bastards without it.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #6

Huge Bug Infestation

Live in Ontario,Canada....Bylaw is for all of Ontario.......trust me i would if i could
zoolou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #7
Learning by Doing

Huge Bug Infestation

I bet the frogs sell bug poison - how far to KeyBeck?
Old 06-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #8

Huge Bug Infestation

Soapy spray may work - at least help
I used water spray & some insectide
Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:48 PM   #9
Say it Is not so!!!!

Huge Bug Infestation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
try some Ivory Soap laundry detergent dissolved in water and sprayed on with a misting bottle. on larger area, perhaps a hose shampooing attachment and the same Ivory soap?

DM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba_Dave View Post
Soapy spray may work - at least help
I used water spray & some insectide

And a bit of cooking oil.

Smother the Bastids!!!
MALCO.New.York is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:13 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 40

Huge Bug Infestation

I had some bugs like these on my Black Eyed Susan's a couple years ago. If you touch them, they squish really easily. It'll look like there's blood on your fingers.

I went to Flowerland and bought an expensive 'safe' insecticide. After applying it 3 times, the bugs were still there killing my plants. Part of the problem was that there was no way to get the spray all the way around every stem and under every leaf.
gma2rjc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:48 AM   #11

Thumbs down

Huge Bug Infestation

Us "frogs" from "KeyBeck" (sic) have a stricter ban on pesticides than our neighbours to the west (Ontario) where the OP lives, in fact in place now for 2 years. For example we can't get 2,4D anymore here and have to drive to the US to find it.

I particularly don't like your choice of words. Calling French-Canadians "frogs" is close enough, in your language, to us calling you "Yanks" - or using racial or ethnic epithets on members of other peoples you have in your country. It is not acceptable in forums such as this one, so stop.

Remember that the French were a founding people of North America long before your country was ever founded and have very close ties with one of the countries, France, considered to be unrivalled in their history and culture and influence on civilisation. Most of us who live in Quebec are bilingual.

You have embarassed yourself; in one fell swoop you have shown your ignorance, destroyed whatever reputation you might have had and put into doubt your future credibility. Congratulations.
“The average American woman is about 25 pounds heavier than she was in 1960...Recognizing obesity as a disease will help change the way the medical community tackles this complex issue that affects approximately 1 in 3 Americans,”
ccarlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:04 AM   #12
Say it Is not so!!!!

Huge Bug Infestation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarlisle View Post
Us "frogs" from "KeyBeck" (sic) have a stricter ban on pesticides than our neighbours to the west (Ontario) where the OP lives, in fact in place now for 2 years. For example we can't get 2,4D anymore here and have to drive to the US to find it.

I particularly don't like your choice of words. Calling French-Canadians "frogs" is close enough, in your language, to us calling you "Yanks" - or using racial or ethnic epithets on members of other peoples you have in your country. It is not acceptable in forums such as this one, so stop.

Remember that the French were a founding people of North America long before your country was ever founded and have very close ties with one of the countries, France, considered to be unrivalled in their history and culture and influence on civilisation. Most of us who live in Quebec are bilingual.

You have embarassed yourself; in one fell swoop you have shown your ignorance, destroyed whatever reputation you might have had and put into doubt your future credibility. Congratulations.

Oh Boy!!! This is gonna be Great!!!

Can you count, on one hand, the number of spelling errors you have committed? "Pot and Kettle" Syndrome here!?!?!?!?

If the tag does not fit, it should not offend! Call me anything but "short", and I am NOT offended.

I am Irish/Italian. That makes me a McGuinea. And Proud of it!

I am an American. That makes me a Yank. And Proud of it.

I am short. Call me short and it PROBABLY will offend me. Why?? Because the TRUTH often hurts.

So if you are a Frog and are offended, there must be something Truthfully sad concerning this name!!!!

POST SCRIPT: "Frogs" are NOT from Canada. The are from France.

French Canadians/Canadiens DO NOT qualify as "Frogs"!!!

I will let you slide on "Neighbours/ors" and Civilisation/lization spelling because of the British influence on your, albeit the CORRECT, English Tongue!!!!

POST POST SCRIPT: I venture to bargain that the "Frog" poster was just being silly and meant no harm!

Last edited by MALCO.New.York; 06-04-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:32 AM   #13

Huge Bug Infestation

frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog....
martyshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:14 AM   #14
the Musigician

Huge Bug Infestation

i wouldn't say this is gonna be great, malco. more like ridiculous.....
ignorance and disrespect for another culture, land, or religion, etc. is the main reason for most of the problems the world faces today.
we need to treat this forum as a friendly, helpful place for ANYone to come to for help and not feel insulted.
this is DIYchatroom.com, people, not a kindergarten playground. grow up....
DM
Old 06-04-2009, 09:22 AM   #15
Say it Is not so!!!!

Huge Bug Infestation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Ignorance and disrespect for another culture, land, or religion, etc. is the main reason for most of the problems the world faces today.
What are you talking about. The problems in the World today are a from The Desire for Money, Control and Power (these factors cover the Religious strife as well.

Treehuggers and Ultra Liberals are the ones who THINK that the World is a mess because of Emotional Disrespect and Ignorance.

Y'all need to stop taking your emotions so GD seriously.

Children are emotional. Adults are rational.

Last edited by MALCO.New.York; 06-04-2009 at 09:25 AM.