DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

How to I protect potted evergreens that I just bought but will not be able to plant?

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Leoskee 
#1 ·
I just purchased several evergreen plants that I planned on using on my property. Unfortunately I hurt my back and will not be taking on the task. What is the best way to protect these plants over the winter? I have a raised gardent bed where I can ask my neighbor's son to temporarily plant them. Any suggestions would be helpful. I would hate to see these plants die.

Thanks.

#8 ·
In our climate a lot of watering does a great job of helping evergreens through a severe winter. It is very easy to get "wind-burned" in a cold, dry winter climate. Any newly planted evergreen needs as much water a possible to come through a winter that may be colder than normal and it does no harm for an average winter.

Dick

#10 ·
All plants are in. Should I mulch them or leave them be? Also, how do I protect them from snow over the winter. Last winter we had a series of storms that dropped a lot of snow. I didnt realize that the weight of the snow on plants and after things melted the some of the plants were really bent out of shape. Is there any way to prevent this from happening to the plants that I heeled in?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.