Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #1

Share |

How to get rid of nuisance crow?

My dog likes to eat, a lot. We used to put out birdseed, which he would eat. Since he couldn't digest it, it would come right back out the other end. At some point, a crow discovered a new tasty treat. He would swoop into my backyard, pick up a piece of feces and then land on the corner of my roof and drop it into the gutter where it would pick it apart.

I discovered this last weekend and have cleaned out the gutter which is easily the most disgusting job I've done around my house. The dog no longer has access to bird seed so I'm hoping the crow will stop scavenging his feces, but nevertheless, that crow won't go away and picks up any garbage it finds and brings it back to my roof, and drops it in the gutter to pick at. Two days after cleaning out the gutter I went back up and discovered two empty chip bags, and two dip containers (I think like for pizza, not sure).

How do I get rid of this crow? Don't bother with gun suggestions (or any projectiles) as I don't want to bother with the liability of projectiles that miss hitting neighbours, their houses or their kids.

Troglodyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
DIY staff

Laugh and enjoy them---The west Nile virus has killed off the crows here--I miss the little guys.

Please send him down here--Mike--

oh'mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #3

Motion activated owl

Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #4

Unfortunately, crows are the smartest birds. You might have to invest in some of those vertical spikes/needles to put on your roof.
handy man88 is offline   Reply With Quote