DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

How do I prevent yellow spots on lawn

5K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  oldfrt 
#1 ·
I have 3 Labrador Retrievers and when they pee just once on my lawn it turns yellow at first and then dies shortly after. I paid $3,000 for sod installed. I had six or seven spots last summer and this was while putting extra effort to make them go in the mulched area. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is something I could put in there food or something I could spray on the lawn that might help. I would imagine this would be a problem for alot of dog/lawn people. Any ideas would be appreciated.

#5 ·
I feel your pain. I have one yellow lab, and I've tried everything. When it comes down to it, you've got two options, hose down the spot every time or train the dogs to go in a designated area.

Either way will be a LOT of work. I dedicated an entire weekend to training the dog, and for the most part it has worked. As you know, labs are very smart dogs.

Any product claiming to fix this problem should be scrutinized. They haven't worked for my lab.

#6 ·
yellow spots...

I don't own a dog, but I have noticed yellow spots around my yard lately. My solution: Get out the snow shovel and cover the yellow spot with white snow.

Remember, don't EAT the yellow snow! :laughing:

#10 ·
It seems that the problem is primarily with female dogs.
I insisted on our last dog being a male for this reason and haven't seen a yellow spot yet.
They don't always lift their legs near trees,bushes ,ect.I've watched him squat and pee in the middle of the lawn,without getting the yellow spots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.