Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

How to clear fallen tree branches?

I have a yard full of massive branches due to a storm. Who would I contact to come help me clear them? Would I be looking for a landscaping company? What is this job called? Thank you in advance!

oana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

YES a lawn company would do it for $$ or there are tree trimmer companies.

pwgsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 25

Landscape company would do it. It would be called "storm clean up" or "yard clean up". They could either take them a way mulch them up for you probably. I wouldn't stress about what to call the job, landscape companies will usually take on any job in the yard. They just bring in whatever equipment they need and get to work.
NHtransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,084

If it was a recent storm, you may want to contact your local municipality. Many times, municipalities will operate beyond their normal guidelines under such circumstances, and some will even bring in equipment from neighboring communities if they do not have sufficient equipment of their own. If such a service is not available to you, you may also want to contact your insurance company; some do help, some don't, and some seem to base it on whether further threatening conditions may exist if the debris is not dealt with. Otherwise, yup, the landscaping firms around us appear to be quite responsive after ice storms, etc.
DexterII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 250

if your "branches" are less than 2", you can always rent a chipper to save some money.

but based on your comment about "massive branches", i am going to guess they are tree limbs.

agree with dexter about calling the town for any help; otherwise, tree removal or landscaping company will clean them up.

if you had lots of branches and limbs come down, it might not be a bad idea to get a tree guy in to take a look. When large limbs are ripped off live, it can have detrimental effect on trees.

good luck
allthumbsdiy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to allthumbsdiy For This Useful Post:
user1007 (10-03-2012)
Old 10-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #6
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

An arborist, tree surgery company etc will have the equipment to chip the branches and get them out out of your way. An arborist will also be able to assess the damage done to the trees themselves and if extensive, may suggest you take the horrible step of removing most all of the tree.

Hug them one last time but leaving a severely damaged tree will come to haunt you soon. I hate hearing of stories like yours.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 10

Thank you very much, everyone! I am now in the process of getting quotes from landscaping companies.

oana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debris, fallen branches, storm