Holly Bushes - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-08-2007, 12:21 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Holly bushes

This is a serious question -

Are holly bushes illegal, or at least against code, to have planted in multi-family apartment complexes due to safety factors? (Those are seriously sharp bushes - like knives!)

I cannot find anything relating to the illegality of them, however my concern is children running/falling into them. (In this case the holly bushes line the sidewalks and are approximately 3-4 feet high).

Advertisement

Last edited by Cheezhead; 08-08-2007 at 01:43 AM.
Cheezhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:06 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Holly bushes

illegal? Doubtful. Against code? I'd check with the code department to make sure myself, I would never trust the word of someone on the internet for something like that. You're a landlord, there's kids around, and you're intending to put razor sharp bushes that are their height around the walkways. I would be 100% positive I could not be held accountable before planting those, I can't even imagine what potential damages they'd be seeking if a 4 year old kid ripped his eye open on your bushes.

Advertisement

joeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote