Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-12-2010, 12:14 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Help with new well

HI all. I'm new to the site i sure hope that some one here can help me out..
I just drove down 31' of pipe for a well to water my lawn. I have 6' of water in the pipe but i can't seem to fill it with water. i pulled the pipe out and took all the fittings off and cleaned them really good then put alot of pipe dope on them and put the pipe back in the hole. The pipe went back in real easy all but the lasst 8' of it. i had to pound it in but it was not to bad.the pipe has 6' of water in it and the point is only3' long. so if i was to use the hose to fill the pipe it should hold water right? well it don't. i have the 3' point then a 10' pipe then a 6' pipe then a 4' pipe and so on, I'm thinking that if there is 6' of water in the 10' pipe i should be able to fill the rest of the pipe with the hose. but it don't ever fill up.
How does that happen. please if some one can help me out that would really make my day.if there is anything that i can help yo out with feel free to ask.. thanx.
Larry.

pikerchass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:09 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,078

Help with new well

The way I understand it thats good. That means your water flows easily into (and out of) your well point. That means when you put a pump on it it should readily pull water into the point from the surrounding earth.

jogr is offline   Reply With Quote