Help, My House Came With A Yard! - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-08-2009, 12:22 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Help, my house came with a yard!

just bought a new (in 1917) house last week and the yard is OK. not a total disaster but not great either. it is very rough and uneven. there is grass but it too is pretty uneven in spots. mowed for the first time today and it was VERY bumpy. enough so that i had to set the deck height kind of high to keep from giving the lawn baldspots.

i think there might be (or might have been) a gopher problem so there is little ridges all over the front yard and a few holes. but they dont look like active holes. will post pics tomorrow.

what can i do to smooth out the yard?

pack it or add fill soil? i assume it is too late in the year for fill this summer unless i sod.

i do need to channel water away from the unattached garge slab. no damae yet and i want to keep it that way. so i will need to do some filling in the back yard.

Advertisement

gregdonovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:22 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Help, my house came with a yard!

I'd fill it & seed it, in early fall. Kinda hard to tell whether you should sod or need to go to that expense without pics. Thought you were going to post some. Good luck & God Bless!

Advertisement

Lali is offline   Reply With Quote