DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Help, 16 sprinklers 14 work, 2 don't

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  kimbur96 
#1 ·
The hosue I bought two months ago had a sprinkler system in place when I bought it. It is an older system that runs off a pump to a well, common for houses of this age in this area. I thought I had trouble shot the front yard weeks ago. Tonight when I turned on the sprinklers there was a geyser on the far side of the yard where I didn't know I had sprinklers. Investigation revealed 4 more sprinklers I didn't know I had. As with many of the others they were buried under years of dirt. That brings the total in the front yard up to 16. 14 work great. 2 pop up and then just dribble out. I replaced the heads, checked the pipe for obstruction. I don't know what else to do or check??:huh:

#4 ·
To be honest I don't know where in the line these two are. It is possible they are both at the end of their line because one butts up against the driveay and one against the house. Because the system was in place when i bought the house i am not sure where or in what design the lines run???

#6 ·
WooHoo. Got them working! I took the sprinkler heads off and the water shot out. So i took the sprinkler heads apart and they were all full of dirt. I guess there must have been dirt in the line that got pushed up in the sprinkler head. I hadn't thought about that before because they were new sprinkler heads. any way, problem solved:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.