Having Trouble With Lawn Mower! - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-20-2005, 01:52 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Wink

Having trouble with lawn mower!

i am having a very hard time with my lawn mower,it got wet in the rain and now i am having a very hard time ,because it will shut off,and it hard to start up again,so now i have days were it will start,stop start stop,etc.what should i do.

Advertisement

kim/jarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 08:46 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Having trouble with lawn mower!

First guess is your fuel tank is not completely sealed from the water, And now you have water in the fuel. Fist step will be to get as much of the fuel out of the tank. If you put it in a glass jar at let it sit for about 1/2 hour you can visually see the water separate from the fuel. Safely discard the fuel. (I would use it to start a fire in my burn pit but use good judgment whatever you do. next fill the tank with fresh fuel and a small amount of heat (methanol gas line antifreeze) the heat will help absorb the water that is left and help it burn. It may take a bit to clear up but if that is what happened you should be able to keep it running after a bit. If this does not work or you don't see the separation in the jar write back and we can go on to other things that might be happening.

Good Luck

Advertisement