Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #1

Share |

Gravel driveway

Hi all,
I have had this leaking issue in the foundation that this *$@ didn't fix properly... I had some guys come out and take a look and all they mentioned that the problem is the driveway, that slab of concrete is leaning towards the house and the grading of the driveway is also not helping (as well as the walkway). From the photos below, you can see how water is pooling towards the foundation and some have said they'll remove the concrete and fill it with stone dust, others said I need to do 3/4 stone and another contractor mentioned pouring new concrete.
I want the cheapest method to drain water away from the foundation and I was wondering what you guys thought I should do?
I was thinking interlocking for the walkway area and just filling it up with either crushed stone or gravel (whichever is better) up to the garage and grading the driveway properly... some of the contractors said that this would sink though...
Attached Thumbnails
Gravel driveway-20120929_131059.jpg   Gravel driveway-20120929_131034.jpg   Gravel driveway-20120929_131114.jpg  

aram613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #2

Gravel driveway

You have the perfect storm there.
Two flower beds forming ponds to collect water.
An unconnected walkway with no drain line under it to direct water from that area and not enough slope.
Looks like there may not be any gutters.
And a collaped apron with no built in drain tile.