Getting Rid Of Bermuda Grass - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-06-2012, 01:46 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

getting rid of bermuda grass

I'm trying to grow entirely El Toro Zoysia using plugs as starters. Before that, I cleared my lawn of Bermuda grass. Apparently, the Bermuda grass roots were still in the ground and therefore has sprung in between the plugs. Because of the different growth rate, the Bermuda grass is spreading fast in between the plugs which is difficult to remove. Is there some selective herbicide that I can use to target only the Bermuda grass? Mahalo in advance!

Advertisement

hawaiiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,164

getting rid of bermuda grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiboy View Post
I'm trying to grow entirely El Toro Zoysia using plugs as starters. Before that, I cleared my lawn of Bermuda grass. Apparently, the Bermuda grass roots were still in the ground and therefore has sprung in between the plugs. Because of the different growth rate, the Bermuda grass is spreading fast in between the plugs which is difficult to remove. Is there some selective herbicide that I can use to target only the Bermuda grass? Mahalo in advance!

Good luck trying to grow zoysia from plugs,it just doesn't grow fast enough,and the bermuda overtakes the plugs,don't ask how i know this,i sodded my front lawn last April with zoysia and it's doing great.

Advertisement

Canarywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote