Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

gas spraying into air filter on Toro Recycler (Briggs)

My garage and house has been reeking of gasoline after I mow my lawn lately, and fortunately a Google search helped me realize that the mower has a gas leak. I just took off the air filter, pressed the primer bulb, and saw gas streaming down into the air filter compartment. The mower starts and runs fine.
Does this sound like a problem with the needle valve? If so, do I need to replace the needle valve?
Thanks

Pickngrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:55 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

gas spraying into air filter on Toro Recycler (Briggs)

Update:
I disassembled and reassembled the needle valve, and all seems well now. I mowed the lawn a few hours ago and put the mower back in the garage. Neither the garage nor the house reeks of gasoline. I always like these learning experiences.

Pickngrin is offline   Reply With Quote