DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Landscaping & Lawn Care (
-   -   Flange / Flashing for Exterior Faucet (

TheBobmanNH 05-23-2013 12:46 PM

Flange / Flashing for Exterior Faucet
I'm sure this is in the wrong forum, but I really couldn't find a good place for it.

Here's what I have : my outside faucet (you know, for a hose) is attached to a post a few inches separated from the house. The pipe goes into the house via a hole that is a good half-inch radius too large.

Basically my question is - does anyone have any good ideas on how to pretty up that hole (with the added benefit of keeping water, bugs, and maybe even tiny animals from using it as an entrance to our basement)? I suppose I could just fashion something out of wood but I feel like there may be some pre-made solution that I just haven't stumbled across.

Thanks in advance.

joecaption 05-23-2013 12:53 PM

Got a picture of what you have?
In your area it should have been a freeze proof sill cock that comes with the flange built in.
Short of that I've used vinyl lumber to make one with the outside edges cut at an angle so water will run off, held tight to the wall with Tap Con screws.

TheBobmanNH 05-23-2013 01:09 PM

I'll get a pic of it tonight, I'm sure that will help.

But yes it is a freeze-proof sill cock (hehe) with I think an 18-inch long extension going into the house, where it screws into the copper.

When it was just flush with the house, the hole was already too big for the built-in flange to cover, so the sillcock was just floating there and banging around every time you used the hose. The hole was too big to anchor it in any way.

I sunk a post about six inches from the house to hold the hose and the hose accessories without messing up the side of hte house any more (it's a 100 year old house with asbestos siding, so I really don't want to do ANYTHING with the siding that I don't have to) and extended the sillcock out to there, and am just trying to tidy up the hole.

TheBobmanNH 05-24-2013 08:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what the hole in the house looks like.

joecaption 05-24-2013 08:19 AM

Can you get to that area to remove the whole thing and work from the back side?
How close is the stud to the right of it?

joecaption 05-24-2013 08:25 AM

Might want to check out this company. They offer over sized plates.

TarheelTerp 05-24-2013 12:31 PM

A blank electrical plate (stainless) works really well.
Unibit for the big hole...

mj12 05-25-2013 05:21 PM

The oversized plate Joe was talking about

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1