Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #1

Share |
Unhappy

Fixed Line Trimmer Heads

I give up. My Black & Decker GH600 electric (corded) grass trimmer uses the Automatic Feed Spool trimmer head and it doesn't work much of the time.

Last weekend I could trim for about a minute against a chain link fence and then the line would be too short to do any good. (The disadvantages of .065 line.) The AFS wouldn't feed any line, so I had to remove the snap-on cap and feed line manually, replace the cap, then go for another minute or so. Very frustrating.

So, I am wondering if anyone knows of an after-market fixed-line trimmer head that will work on the GH600. There are a number of replacement heads for gas trimmers; not so many for electric models.

Suggestions?

Last edited by semajhsurb; 05-18-2013 at 09:40 PM. Reason: grammar
semajhsurb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:33 AM   #2

Fixed Line Trimmer Heads

My suggest would be to use some total vegatation killer at the base of the fencing so there is nothing growing to wack in the first place.
Also do not try to hold the line trimer head so close to the fence. Only the ends of the line are doing the trimming.

If those solid heads worked don't you think all the pro land maintaince companys would be using them.

TarheelTerp (05-19-2013)
Old 05-19-2013, 09:02 AM   #3

Fixed Line Trimmer Heads

i had that problem with my trimmer. i found that i wasn't bumping more line out often enough.

fix the line/head. then listen to how the line sounds = a wizzing sound. then bump line often to keep that sound.
as easy as these machines are to operate, its easy for beginers to have problems.
Fix'n it is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric string trimmer