Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #1

Share |
Question

Fencing around basement walk out

I have a basement walk out below ground that has steps to the outside. My wife would like to enclose the walk out and steps to keep the dogs (and our future children) from falling into the basement walk out. We are thinking of fencing it in. We have seen railings on top of the retaining walls . Are there other options? What have people been doing lately?

bigmansteve04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #2

http://www.bilco.com/foundations/sto...ct=1BD%2DS%2D1

Keeps kid, dogs, leaves, water out.

Posting a picture of what you have is always helpful and going back and adding where you live in your profile so someone does not have to keep asking for better ansewers

joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecaption View Post
http://www.bilco.com/foundations/sto...ct=1BD%2DS%2D1

Keeps kid, dogs, leaves, water out.

Posting a picture of what you have is always helpful and going back and adding where you live in your profile so someone does not have to keep asking for better ansewers
Exactly what I was going to suggest!
Msradell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #4
Bombastic Idiot

And, the kids can slide down it. That was fun, cept Gramp's was wooden and we'd get a splinter in a place we didn't want Gramma diggin around and pokin at with needle and tweezers. Couldn't see what she was doin, I think some of those jabs were to remind us we weren't s'posed to be playin around like that over there.
I think i actually saw one of those made by rubbermaid, don't know how secure and safe it would be when the twister comes but at least you'll still be fresh when the rescuers finally dig you out.
notmrjohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basemnet walk out, fence, railing