DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Ewe Bush Removal With Skid Steer

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  chrisn 
#1 ·
I am going to try to remove these bushes with a skid steer. I was going to chain the bush branches all together to the loader and lift slowly. I am somewhat skeptical of this plan due to the fact that the bush branches don't all connect to one main branch (see image, sorry bout the quality). My thought is that it may rip through each branch ultimately leaving me with a stump. Has anyone done this? Is there a better suggestion?

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
You should be able to pull it out but not by attaching a chain above the surface. You will need to dig down until you can grab a solid chunk of the stump/taproot structure. It may be that the back off does split from the front. Just repeat the process. Go slow and pull. Don't gun the machine and try to yank it out.

Also looks like you have a slab near? Keep an eye on that and stop if you see it starting to heave the slightest bit. In which case, you may have to dig it out or at least dig deeper and cut the roots under it with a chainsaw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.