Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #1

Share |

Entrance Landscaping Ideas

As you can see in the photo, our willows that have for years flanked our entrance have been butchered by the electrical company because they are within 10 feet of the lines. We filed a complaint and just gave in and are having them cut down and replaced with two new willows farther from the lines. On the bright side, this has provided me the opportunity to spruce up the entrance as I have intended to do for a while. It will look rather sparse until the willows have a chance to mature, so I think some enhancement is necessary. I am open to anything; however, I would like to avoid making large mulch beds because of the weed factor. I am also not at all opposed to removing the tall grasses you see. The style of property is country, as you can see by the fence, and the house is country. We live in Nashville, so nothing too tropical. Thanks for the suggestions!

smokey847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #2

On a side note, this is our neighbor's entrance. Obviously, we lack a gate, but I would like ours to look stately and to character like theirs. Love the ivy!

smokey847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #3

Posted 2 photos of ideas.....I like the idea of having an arched arbor going right across the drive about 8 feet long and have a wisteria growing through it(of course it would be a much larger scale of what the pic i included...just give you an idea of what im talking about) ...think that would look really sharp and add the gate if thats what your after??
Attached Images

zoolou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Some lower growing but stately trees like Japanese Flowering Cherries might be nice and I think would do well in your climate. They would make a nice contrast to the willow. So would some sort of smaller evergreens.

Gotta love those power people. No sense whatsoever when it comes to the health of trees.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote