Draining A Natural Spring In A Yard ? - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-01-2010, 08:02 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Draining a natural spring in a yard ?

For draining a natural spring in a yard, how deep should the trench be for the french drain? I've been told that a 1 foot x 1 foot trench is large enough, but 1 foot deep doesn't seem all that deep to me. My yard has a natural slope to a small stream, but a spring "bubbles" out of the ground in early springtime and after very heavy rains. From the point where the spring bubbles out of the ground to the stream is about 80-90 feet.

I have a natural spring that 'bubbles' out of the ground during Spring thaw and sometimes after very heavy rains. My yard has a natural slope down to a smaal stream. I was told that a 1' x 1' french drain is all I would need, however, 1' deep doesn't sound all that deep to me. Will this be satisfactory, or should I dig deeper? The french drain will be about an 80' foot run.

Advertisement

otrgeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
Learning by Doing

Rewards Points: 2,000

Draining a natural spring in a yard ?

For certain, if you are in the USA you need to contact your local municipality before you attempt this project. And I am pretty sure that Canada and many other locations have regulations about draining wetlands.

Advertisement