Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #1

Share |

Drainage problem, water under the house

I have a drainage problem since I have a substantial amount of water under my home. I'd like to run a 100 foot drainage line but I don't know who to work with to do it. I'm a little too old to do it myself. What type of professional does this type of thing?

Also, would they be the best one to identify the problem?
Rockobuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Is this a new problem?

Was there substantial construction new and around you in the recent past?

Are you possibly part of a new construction development?

Can you tell us more of what has happened and how this came to be problematical?

Someone like a city/county civil engineer should be willing to come out and see why your place is full of water for the taxpayer money you pay them. Or they will refer you to someone.

If it is a substantial amount of water, you cannot just piss of other neighbors downstream and stick a 100 foot drain hose in place. Someone up the hill from you may have done the same thing recently if this is a new problem for you?

Last edited by user1007; 12-17-2009 at 05:33 PM.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:52 PM   #3

Any Landscaper should be able to fix your problem, if they have done building work before. If there is substancial amount of water you might have to have a sub pump installed, but it really just depends if the water sits there alot or only when it rains. A sub pump might even be easier then running corrugated pipe if there is no fall from where the water is sitting. I did a job like this a year ago and nothing could make the water go away, found out the guy's house was on top of a natural spring. Who would of guessed.
ddurnal is offline   Reply With Quote