Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #1

Share |

drainage problem

Hello,

I have a property which has a steep hill in the front and a flat lawn in the back. the back lawn holds water when it rains and will not drain. There is a french drain in place. It has maybe a 2 inch pvc tube that runs probably 16 feet under the driveway. The pvc tube was snaked, and appears to be blocked up.

My question is, how do I unclock a pvc tube that is most likely clogged with gravel? How else do I fix this issue? My maintenance guy wants to cut through the concrete of the driveway the full 16 feet across to let the water drain from the back to the front. Does that sound like a good idea?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

nikotromus11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #2

drainage problem

A channel just under the surface running across a driveway and covered with a grille or grate is not unheard of. It may be used to get water across where just a few inches below grade are needed for gravity flow.

Such a channel is also used to collect rainwater running down the driveway and divert the water to a dry well rather than out into the street or down into the property.