Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-03-2011, 12:28 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Drainage issue

I have a water issue, all the land is sloped towards my house. It is so covienantly sloped towards my crawl space opening to under my house. This is allowing water, when it rains, to get in my crawspace. What are some solutions to fix this issue?

macook01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,024

Drainage issue

1. Regrade the land so it slopes away from the house at least on one direction.

2. Install a pit and a sump pump and send the water out far enough so it goes downhill somewhere else.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Drainage issue

unfortnately, Regrading land is not an option in this case, too many existing obstacles.

thought about sump pump but crawl space is only 2 ft high, this is a mobile home with brick foundation so it makes things a little challenging.

do you think installing a french drain or something like it at the edge of the foundation from crawl space door to lower half of home and then drill hole to allow water to exit from under neath the home would be a wise choice.
macook01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,024

Drainage issue

A French drain also needs a sump pump or an underground outlet pipe that goes downhill and still reaches the ground surface somewhere else