Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-31-2014, 07:54 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Dig-less fence?

Does anyone have any experience with this product or other type of driving posts fence?

http://wambamfence.com/

benshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:52 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 718

Dig-less fence?

I had never heard of them before until your post.I build quite a few fences so checked them out and watched a couple videos.It looks like a pretty slick system.Some of the vinyl looked a little thinner but hard to tell from the video.The only issue I would have is the longevity of the (what appears to be painted) steel post in the ground.I did order a free sample to check them out.

mako1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:19 AM   #3
Retired Army Veteran

Rewards Points: 1,166

Dig-less fence?

I don't have any experience installing dig-list fencing just a comment about them. They are used in my location (upstate NY) with good results. Couple of friends have them. Something similar is also used for decking as well.

As mentioned by mako, it would be interesting to see how long the steel pipe will actually last that's hammered into the ground. I'm sure it would be years before it fails.

Another factor to consider would be location. Wet vs dry, etc. My location is in a very cold climate, in the winter frost goes 4+ feet deep some years and fence could lift/shift/heave, etc., if steel pipe isn't hammered far enough into the ground.

But I got to tell you, they do look nice and they are maintainance free, all you have to do is wash it. One friend has had their fence for 2 years now and it's just as straight as the day they put it in. Just my comments about them.

Last edited by jmon; 03-31-2014 at 10:27 AM.
jmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:45 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,262

Dig-less fence?

I've had plenty of experience but we drive T-Iron post designed for rural settings. Cost for a 6 footer at present is $4.85. They come in lengths to fit the needs for different soil types and have a stabilizing spade near the bottom end. It's common for them to last 40 years and they make a nice looking slender post when a SCH 40 - 1-1/2" PVC pipe is slipped over and capped.
Attached Thumbnails
Dig-less fence?-t-post.jpg   Dig-less fence?-t-post-spade.jpg  
SeniorSitizen is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SeniorSitizen For This Useful Post:
jmon (03-31-2014)
Old 03-31-2014, 03:57 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 250

Dig-less fence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairview View Post
It's common for them to last 40 years and they make a nice looking slender post when a SCH 40 - 1-1/2" PVC pipe is slipped over and capped.
I like that idea. I use them for a fence to keep to keep deer out of garden but they look like crap.
JustinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:40 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 718

Dig-less fence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairview View Post
I've had plenty of experience but we drive T-Iron post designed for rural settings. Cost for a 6 footer at present is $4.85. They come in lengths to fit the needs for different soil types and have a stabilizing spade near the bottom end. It's common for them to last 40 years and they make a nice looking slender post when a SCH 40 - 1-1/2" PVC pipe is slipped over and capped.
I live in a rural area also and have used t posts for many projects.I think here we are comparing apples to oranges since we can't compare a t post to the other post we have not scene?
mako1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:41 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 1,262

Dig-less fence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benshouse View Post
Does anyone have any experience with this product or other type of driving posts fence?

http://wambamfence.com/
I wasn't comparing but only giving the OP an option to his question.

QUOTE: or other type of driving posts fence?

SeniorSitizen is online now   Reply With Quote