Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-02-2009, 04:47 AM   #1

Share |

Crape Myrtle Tree Roots

I have a large Crape Myrtle planted about one foot from my gararge. I am concerned that the roots will damage the foundation or siding. I have been told that the roots grow down and that I shouldn't worry. The tree is beautiful and I hate to cut it down, does anyone have any advise?

Thanks!

brittmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:26 AM   #2

Crape Myrtle Tree Roots

Not a Crepe Myrtle expert, but the ones I have do not have any surface roots. However, there is one that I chopped down and then had to dig around and I can tell you there are plenty of roots that run semi-parallel to the surface. But I have yet to encounter any large roots from a CM that was probably 10-15yrs old. IMO, you probably don't have to worry.

Colchicine is offline   Reply With Quote