Concrete Pavers - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Concrete pavers

I was able to get some free concrete pavers and I want to make a little path in an area of our yard. This will not get a lot of use and I want to install at a low cost. I was going to install a barrier then some sand to set the pavers then cover area with tan bark. Does this sound resonable. We just spent a ton of $$$ landscaping so I dont want to spend much and honestly these we rarely get used, just a path to a nitch in side yard.
Attached Thumbnails
Concrete pavers-pavers.jpg  

Advertisement

mrwoodty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
Bill Kearney

Rewards Points: 1,126

Concrete pavers

You mean niche? Or a grotto? Got a Virgin Mary statuette in there too? I'm kidding, of course.

Don't know that I'd use bark mulch. You'd essentially just be prepping a weed garden once that blows away leaving soil in the gaps. Like in that picture already. I'd prefer larger gaps and actual grass growing between. Then you an just mow over it. But if it's too narrow the grass won't have enough room to get a solid root mat under it, and weeds will get through.

Update your profile with your location! There are probably any number of ground cover plants that might work, but without knowing where you're located it's impossible to suggest any.

Advertisement

wkearney99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 25

Concrete pavers

LOL, thanks WK. Yes I might just consider letting the grass or ground cover grow. Thanks
mrwoodty is offline   Reply With Quote