Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-25-2008, 06:06 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Concrete Driveway help - Hey Teetor

I saw a few of your posts concerning concrete driveways. I am looking for some help with my driveway. I live in PSL and hope you can help.

I have a boat which I picked up on Labor Day '07. Since then, I have been wanting to have some sort of extension put on my driveway. I have talked to several contractors but have reecently become concerned that I may not be ableto put concrete all the way to where I want to because of the utility right of way. So, I have been thinking about pavers or a combination of gravel and pavers like one of my neighbors have. I think I could do it myself but I do not have any experience with this sort of stuff as this is my first home. I need to talk to someone about this as I have many questions.

If you answer this thread, please feel free to email me direct. I would like to talk to someone local who can answer questions about the code and laws in St. Lucie County.

And hey, maybe we can go fishing!

I would appreciate your contact.

modelav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:33 PM   #2
Crabby Bastard

Rewards Points: 75

Concrete Driveway help - Hey Teetor

i don't live in FL, so can't help you with codes, but don't be afraid of laying pavers or gravel, it's a piece of cake. just make sure you rent a tamper and pack everything down well. it's an easy task, even for a novice

terri_and_jj is offline   Reply With Quote