Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-31-2012, 03:21 PM   #1

Share |

Boulder retaining wall with fence

Hey gang found this site while looking up retaining walls.

I have moved into a new home where they built up the property so i look down at my back neighbours. Theres a 5ft ditch and 110ft long so we want to take down the femce we have with the neighbours put a boulder retainig wall and line a hedge with a fence to keep our dogs in until the hedge thickens.

A few questions

By putting a rock retaining wall on the property line and backfilling it will i need landscape fabric?

Theres a drain pipe already there do i need
More?

We were thinking it was the most cost effective to put up a 3 ft deer metal fence so that when the hedge frows it can be removed or hidden. Thoughts?

Also anything i need to do to prep for the excavator before he starts putting the rock wall up?
Thanks!

Last edited by Eltonz; 03-31-2012 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Added measurements
Eltonz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rock retaing wall fence