Board & Batten Shutters- DIY Question - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
Liv

Rewards Points: 25

Board & Batten Shutters- DIY question

I am making my own board and batten shutters for the exterior of our home- Id like to stain them instead of paint. Any suggestions on how to best seal the wood to keep it from being affected from the moisture outside? Any special stains that include sealant, or do I seal it after I stain? I plan on using white pine, but if you have any other suggestions let me know!

Advertisement

Liv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Board & Batten Shutters- DIY question

I like the Olympic 15 Year deck & siding. Personally, I'd make all of my cuts, stain all 6 sides (especially end grain), then fasten them together.

Advertisement

GottaFixIt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exterior finish , shutters , woodworking