Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-17-2011, 10:02 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Blue Seeds any good ?

I mean the seeds already come with fertilizer and pesticide cover like Scotts EZ Seed or Penningtons one step Complete, are those any good ???

I remember using Scotts patch a few years ago on small ares and it worked fine. Last spring I tried the EZ Seed (supposedly would grow on concrete or any surface) and the results were poor. I am in SE PA, and we had a long drought last summer so I lost even more grass.

After aerating my lawn, I am considering to reseed/repair the lawn either seed+fertilizer+straw or use the EZ Seed or One Step Complete type of material.

I am planning to reseed/repair about 5,000 sq ft, so the convenience of the EZ Seed makes it very attractive, however if the product doesnot work then the financial hit will be proportionately high.

What do you think ?

MattE is offline   Reply With Quote